Radiologic Technology Evaluation and Selection
The WVC Radiologic Technology program uses a point system (77 total points) when selecting and evaluating applications for admission. To be eligible to apply, applicants must have completed all prerequisite courses and met all eligibility requirements (PDF). The categories and their associated points are listed below.
To be eligible, applicants must have a minimum grade of C+(2.3) for all prerequisite courses (PDF) and a cumulative GPA of 2.3 or higher.
Points are awarded based on grades for the following courses:
- HLTH 123
- One Anthropology (ANTH or ANTH&), Communication (CMST or CMST&), Humanities (HUMN or HUM&), Philosophy (PHIL or PHIL&), Psychology (PSYC or PSYC&), or Sociology (SOC or SOC&) course numbered 100 or higher (5 credits).
The grades for the above courses will be converted to numerical grades (e.g., a B+ will be converted to a 3.3). These numerical grades will be added together for a possible point total of 32.
Students can only complete one of the following observation options for points:
- The applicant must schedule and complete an 8-hour observation in a diagnostic imaging department. Be sure to print the WVC Applicant Observation Form and the WVC Confidentiality statement form, and bring them with you to have the designated Radiologic Technologist sign your forms. Completion of the 8 hours medical imaging observation results in 10 total points.
- If a student is unable to complete an 8-hour observation in a diagnostic imaging department, can substitute 40+ hours of direct patient care (either work or volunteer). Completion of the 40 hours will result in 8 total points. Please use the Direct Patient Care Form to track the hours.
Applicants will be required to watch the Radiologic Technology Program Information Session, and take the quiz following the session.
The quiz is worth a total of 5 points.
Applicants will submit an admissions essay choosing one of the following prompts:
- Why is Radiology the career field you have chosen to pursue.
- Personal Statement discussing what unique attributes you will bring to the
WVC radiologic technology program.
Please follow the admissions essay guidelines to be eligible for full points. The admissions essay is worth a total fo 10 points.
Applicants must submit 3 letters of recommendation for acceptance into the Radiologic Technology Program at Wenatchee Valley College.
- At least one (1) letter should be from a professor in the sciences with whom they have taken classes.
- At least one (1) letter should be written by an employer/professional reference.
- At least one (1) letter should be from a professor in any subject matter with whom they have taken classes and/or employer/professional reference.
Please review the letters of recommendation guidelines to be eligible for full points. The 3 letters of recommendation are worth 5 points each, totaling to 15 points in this category.
Applicants will attend a scheduled interview with our faculty members/staff.
The interview is worth a total of 5 points.