International Student Admissions
Before you can be considered for acceptance and a Form I-20 can be issued, international students must submit all the documents listed below, at least 2 months before the desired start date.
1) WVC Application for Admission. Include country of citizenship and country of birth.
2) Copy of passport photo page.
3) Official transcript(s) showing courses and grades from high school and any colleges or universities attended. All transcripts must be translated into English and show courses and grades that show an ability to pursue college-level coursework.
5) 1/2 page essay about why you wish to study at Wenatchee Valley College.
6) For students whose native language is not English, 1 of the following:
- SAT scores
- TOEFL scores. A minimum score of 26 on the internet-based TOEFL is required (WVC TOEFL code: 4942)
- verification of completion of an intensive English as a Second Language (ESL) program
- graduation from a high school where the curriculum is taught in English
International Application Checklist
Submit all required documents to:
Wenatchee Valley College
After you have submitted the required documentation, the credit card listed on your application will be charged the non-refundable $25 admission fee and the non-refundable $50 international student application fee.
If you are accepted to WVC and are issued a Form I-20, you will need to fill out the I-901 Form and pay the I-901 SEVIS fee online before making an appointment with the consulate or embassy nearest you.
Upon arriving at WVC, all international students are required to complete the placement test before registering for appropriate classes. If you are unable to demonstrate English proficiency, you will not be allowed to enroll in college-level classes, but may be eligible to enroll in English for Academic Purpose (EAP) or developmental classes. You must enroll in a minimum of 12 credits per quarter and maintain a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or higher. WVC is on a quarter system.
Students' responsibilities while attending WVC on an F-1 Student Visa:
- Keep passport, Form I-20 and Form I-94 valid
- Complete at least 12 credits each quarter
- Maintain satisfactory standards of progress
- Ensure you have a valid travel endorsement signature on your I-20 any time you leave the United States