Default Font Size Icon

Running Start Student Costs

What Running Start covers

In the Running Start Program, your tuition is paid for by your public school district.  There are limitations though: your high school will only cover your tuition up to the point where you are just above full time enrollment.  Talk with your high school counselor for how many Running Start credits your school will cover given the amount high school classes you are taking.

What Running Start does not cover

Running Start does not cover student fees or textbooks.  If you go above the limit on credits your high school will cover for you,  you will have to pay for them. Summer courses are also not covered.  See the WVC tuition and fees page for what fees to expect. Also, remember that Running Start only covers college-level courses (numbered 100 or above).

ASSIST Program

If you qualify for free or reduced lunch at your high school, you can receive a credit towards purchasing textbooks (provided that you maintain at least a 2.0 GPA and funds are available). You may also see a reduction in your student fees.  To take advantage of this opportunity, please make sure that 'Yes' is checked on the Free and Reduced Lunch Section of your Enrollment Verification form and read and fill out a Voucher Contract form.