Connecting to WiFi at WVC
The Wenatchee Valley College Wi-Fi Network provides free wireless Internet access to any member of the college community with a student or staff logon account and a Wi-Fi capable device.
If you're familiar with accessing Wi-Fi, go to your device Wi-Fi settings and select WVC WiFi. To login:
Staff - Use your WVC email address and password.
For more information on Wi-Fi, continue reading the instructions below.
Wi-Fi access is widely available throughout both WVC campuses. While most areas will have excellent coverage, there may be a few areas where signal is weak.
- From a Wi-Fi capable device, open the Wi-Fi control panel on your laptop or device.
- Select WVC WiFi from the list of available connections.
- Your device will connect and redirect you to a browser for authentication.
- Login with your WVC email and password.
- After login, your device will be connected to the network.
- Your device should remember the settings and automatically connect when you are on campus.
Consider the following issues when using the wireless network:
- Security: Although you are protected from threats on the open Internet by the WVC firewall, your computer is still vulnerable to other WVC wireless users. Use this network at your own risk. Protect yourself by loading current antivirus software on your computer.
- Appropriate Use: The Wi-Fi Network is intended to be used for educational, class related purposes. Please refrain from using the Wi-Fi network for entertainment and personal use.
- Use Policy: Users of the WVC wireless network (WVC Wi-Fi) are held to the WVC Computer Lab Policy, WVC Acceptable Use Policy, and all state and federal laws regarding acceptable use and copyright. The Code of Student Conduct applies.
- Printing: Wireless printing is not currently supported.
- Under no circumstances is it ever acceptable to physically plug your personal equipment into the WVC Network.
In the event that you are unable to access the WVC wireless network, pleasecall the helpdesk
Please Note: The helpdesk can assist you with access to the network; however, they are not responsible for configuring your device.
Please make sure you have entered your network credentials correctly. If you are unable to access the system using your correct username and password. You may also call:
- The Helpdesk at (509) 682-6550
Note: Since wireless bandwidth is shared among all users connected within a given area, network speed may be noticeably slower when many people are using the wireless network.