Default Font Size Icon

Student Access Office

Eligibility Documentation

The process to establish eligibility begins when the student provides the student access office/DSS with documentation that gives a diagnosis and description of a disability. The documentation can be hand-carried, faxed or mailed to:

Wenatchee Campus
Student Access Office
Lisa Foster
Wenatchee Valley College
1300 Fifth Street
Wenatchee, WA 98801

Omak Campus
Student Access Office
WVC at Omak
PO Box 2058
Omak, WA 98851-2058

The fax number for the Wenatchee campus is 509.682.6841. (Attention: Lisa Foster)

Documentation for the Wenatchee campus can also be hand-delivered to Wenatchi Hall, Room 2133. For the Omak campus, visit NHB room 418.

The following information is needed when establishing your eligibility for services. Please share this list with your physician or the professional who can document your disability:.

Must be stated clearly and be supported by additional information. Contact DSS for a form the documenting professional can complete to provide the necessary, comprehensive information. 

The documenting professional may provide recommendations for specific accommodations or services, but the student access coordinator reserves the right to make the final decision.

Learning Disability Assessment must include:

  • Current assessment including an IQ test (WAIS IV) and achievement test scores
  • Achievement test scores (Woodcock Johnson)
  • Raw data and interpretation
  • Specific recommendations for accommodations based on the interpreted tests may be included, but the Department of Student Access reserves the right to make the final decision.

Students should bring documentation from a qualified professional specialist, according to the type of disability as shown in the following chart:

Disability Category Professional to be consulted
ADD, AD/HD Psychologist, Psychiatrist or Physician
Emotional Stability Psychologist, Psychiatrist
Visual Impairment Ophthalmologist
Hearing Impairment Audiologist
Learning Disability Psychologist, Neuropsychologist, Learning Disabilities Specialist
Physical Disability Physician