Applicants for the Nursing program at Wenatchee Valley College (WVC) are required to take the TEAS® Exam and meet the minimum score requirements. This is a multiple-choice assessment of basic academic knowledge in reading, mathematics, science, and English and language usage.
As of July 1, 2016, the TEAS® test will change from the TEAS® V to the TEAS® Exam. Students applying to the WVC nursing program in June 2017 (for fall-start 2017) or after will be required to take and pass the TEAS® Exam.
- During the 2017-2018 academic year, the test cost is TBD
- Pay the fee prior to testing at the cashier office
- Bring photo ID and payment receipt to the test session
- Arrive on time - students who arrive late may be asked to reschedule
- The test can take up to four hours
- Students may not use calculators
- Students must earn a minimum Adjusted Individual Total Score of 58.7% or higher
- Additionally, students must earn a minimum cut score in each category:
- Reading 69% or higher
- Mathematics 63.3% or higher
- Science 45.8% or higher
- English and Language Usage 60% or higher
- Students must earn these minimum cut scores all within the same test session
- Scores will be available to students immediately following the test
- Qualifying scores are valid for two years
There are a variety of study materials available and below are a few recommendations. Please note, the TEAS® test is changing as of July 1, 2016 so ensure that any study materials you use are preparing you for the updated TEAS® Exam (not the TEAS® V). We recommend you visit the WVC library to view the available resources before deciding to purchase your own study guide.
- Official ATI TEAS® products
- Online study guides or books for purchase (these resources are not necessarily recommended byATI but could be useful as you prepare to test):
Some students also find it helpful to test early. When you take the TEAS®, your score printout will list Topics to Review, giving you a clear sense of the areas you need to improve in order to get a higher score.
Test Dates Spring 2018
Dates will be available in the near future.
Students are allowed to take the TEAS® Exam test two times per calendar year. No less than 30 days must pass between each attempt. The TBD fee must be paid each time the test is taken.