The student access office is responsible to:
- Establish your eligibility for services
- Coordinate accommodations (including adaptive technology) and check out the equipment students qualify to use
- Keep all information about a student’s disability confidential and maintain records during your enrollment and seven years thereafter
- Advocate for students as needed with other departments, faculty and services
- Work with campus staff to provide accessible facilities, programs, and activities
- Make referrals and coordinate with community resources such as the Department of Vocational Rehabilitation, Department of Services for the Blind, and Recording for the Blind and Dyslexic
- Provide advising and coaching as needed.