A network logon account is provided to every student enrolled in a credit class. This account is required to access the Internet, Wi-Fi, e-mail and computers across campus.
Students, if you are experiencing difficulty with access, check with your instructor, Virtual Assistance, (scroll to IT Support) or call the Helpdesk at (509) 682-6550.
Please note: Your credentials are very important. They allow you to access confidential information. Please take adequate precautions to ensure your security. Passwords expire periodically and your account will be locked after several unsuccessful logon attempts. If you need to reset your password, you may be asked to provide identification.
Network Password Change Options
- Please navigate to https://portal.office.com and try to log in.
- Follow the on-screen instructions
If your password is expired and you are on campus:
If your password is not expired and you are on campus:
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: How long should I wait to receive an email, SMS, or phone call from password reset?
- A: Emails, SMS messages, and phone calls should arrive in under a minute. The normal
case is 5 to 20 seconds. If you don't receive the notification in this time frame:
- Check your junk folder.
- Check that the number or email being contacted is the one you expect.
- Check that the authentication data in the directory is correctly formatted, for example, +1 4255551234 or email@example.com.
- Q: Do you prevent users from multiple attempts to reset a password in a short period of time?
- A: Yes, there are security features built into password reset to protect it from misuse.
- Users can try only five password reset attempts within a 24 hour period before they're locked out for 24 hours.
- Users can try to validate a phone number, send a SMS, or validate security questions and answers only five times within an hour before they're locked out for 24 hours.
- Users can send an email a maximum of 10 times within a 10 minute period before they're locked out for 24 hours.
- The counters are reset once a user resets their password.
- Q: How long can the answers to security questions be?
- A: Answers can be 3 to 40 characters long.
- Q: Are duplicate answers to security questions rejected?
- A: Yes, we reject duplicate answers to security questions.
- Q: Can a user register the same security question more than once?
- A: No. After a user registers a particular question, they can't register for that question a second time.
- Q: How long does password writeback take to work? Is there a synchronization delay like there is with password hash sync?
- A: Password writeback is instant. It is a synchronous pipeline that works fundamentally differently than password hash synchronization. Password writeback allows users to get real-time feedback about the success of their password reset or change operation. The average time for a successful writeback of a password is under 500 ms.