Note to Students: At the end of each quarter, your network password* (student email and virtual desktop)
will expire. You will be required to reset it.
*Your Canvas and ctcLink credentials will not be affected.
Step 1: Easily reset your password or unlock your account
Step 2 (optional): Edit your *MFA security settings (Security questions, Alternate
*MFA is Multi-Factor Authentication. These settings allow you to reset your password and unlock your account without contacting the helpdesk.
If you have any questions, please email the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the helpdesk during normal operating hours at (509) 682-6550.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Q: Do you prevent users from multiple attempts to reset a password in a short period of time?
- A: Yes, there are security features built into password reset to protect it from misuse.
- Users can try only five password reset attempts within a 24 hour period before they're locked out for 24 hours.
- Users can try to validate a phone number, send a SMS, or validate security questions and answers only five times within an hour before they're locked out for 24 hours.
- Users can send an email a maximum of 10 times within a 10 minute period before they're locked out for 24 hours.
- The counters are reset once a user resets their password.
- Q: How long can the answers to security questions be?
- A: Answers can be 3 to 40 characters long.
- Q: Are duplicate answers to security questions rejected?
- A: Yes, we reject duplicate answers to security questions.
- Q: Can a user register the same security question more than once?
- A: No. After a user registers a particular question, they can't register for that question a second time.