Default Font Size Icon

Financial Aid - Grants

Grants are gift aid and do not require repayment unless a student fails to maintain satisfactory progress and remain enrolled in class. Wenatchee Valley College awards the Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG), Washington State Need Grant, and Wenatchee Valley College tuition waiver and grant to eligible students. Grants other than Pell are awarded on a funds available basis. For this reason, timely applications are important.

A Federal Pell Grant, unlike a loan, does not have to be repaid. Generally, Pell grants are awarded only to undergraduate students who have not earned a bachelor's or professional degree. (A professional degree is typically earned after earning a bachelor's degree in a field such as medicine, law, or dentistry.) In some cases, you may receive a Pell grant for attending a post baccalaureate teacher certification program. For many students, Pell grants provide a foundation of financial aid to which other aid may be added.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid, completed by the student and submitted to the U.S. Dept. of Education is used to process the Pell grant. A Student Aid Report (SAR) will be sent to the applicant. A copy of the SAR will be electronically transmitted to the financial aid office at WVC, where the actual amount of the Federal Pell Grant Award will then be determined. Full awards are based on a minimum of 12 credits. Students taking between 9-11 credits will be awarded on a ¾ time basis, and those taking 6-8 credits will be awarded on a ½ time basis. Students enrolled as undergraduates but who already have a bachelor's degree are not eligible.