Links to Additional Information
Wenatchee Valley College Financial Aid Office can help all families recieve financial assistance whether it is through grants or federal loans and our services are free.
You must beware of and avoid scholarship scams and fee-based scholarship services. There is no reason to pay for lists of scholarships or pay someone to complete the FAFSA. By completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) you will automatically be considered for most federal and state aid and all funds that Wenatchee Valley College offers.
Below are some links to additional financial aid information.
Financial Aid Guides
- Families' Guide to the Education Tax Cuts (Hope Scholarship)
Provides information for families to explain the Hope Scholarship (not a scholarship, but a tax credit).
- Federal Children's Scholarship Fund
A guide to resources for children of federal employees and members of the military community.
Provides free access to an annotated collection of information about student financial aid on the Web.
- Student aid on the Web
A comprehensive resource on student financial aid offered by the U.S. Department of Education. It covers Pell Grants, Stafford Loans, PLUS Loans and many other programs.
- Understanding the Hope Scholarship
Remember: Its a tax credit. Not a scholarship.
Scholarship Information for Nursing Students
General Information Websites
- Federal Student Financial Aid
- Selective Service
Use this website to find out information about the mandatory Selective Service registration and to confirm your registration.
- Veterans Benefits:
- IRS: Provides tax forms and tax information.
- Higher Education Coordinating Board: The HECB provides information about Washington State grants and scholarships.
Online Debt Management Tool
- The U.S. Department of Education (ED) has an online interactive loan counseling tool to help students manage their loan debt. The Financial Awareness Counseling Tool aims to provide students with basic financial management information, such as their current loan debt and estimates of debt levels when interest accrues after graduation. The tool provides students with five interactive tutorials on topics including managing a budget and avoiding default. Students can also access their individual loan history and receive personalized feedback.