Links to Additional Information
Wenatchee Valley College Financial Aid Office can help all families recieve financial assistance whether it is through grants or federal loans and our services are free.
You must beware of and avoid scholarship scams and fee-based scholarship services. There is no reason to pay for lists of scholarships or pay someone to complete the FAFSA. By completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) you will automatically be considered for most federal and state aid and all funds that Wenatchee Valley College offers.
Below are some links to additional financial aid information.
Federal Student Aid
- Federal Student Aid (Español)
Visit this site to complete the Federal Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) application online and find general Federal Financial Aid information.
- FAFSA (Español FAFSA)
Go directly to the Federal Application For Student Aid (FAFSA) application online.
- FSA ID (Español FSA ID)
Visit this site to create and manage your Federal Student Aid ID. You will use the FSA ID to sign your FAFSA application, and when accessing other Federal Student Aid online systems.
- Federal Student Aid Resources and Publications (Español)
Visit this page to view and download resources from the office of Federal Student Aid. Here you will find publications, fact sheets, online tools, and other resources to help you prepare and pay for college or career school. Most of the resources on this site are available in both English and Spanish.
Online Debt Management Tool
- The U.S. Department of Education (ED) has an online interactive loan counseling tool to help students manage their loan debt. The Financial Awareness Counseling Tool aims to provide students with basic financial management information, such as their current loan debt and estimates of debt levels when interest accrues after graduation. The tool provides students with five interactive tutorials on topics including managing a budget and avoiding default. Students can also access their individual loan history and receive personalized feedback.
Financial Aid Guides
Provides free access to an annotated collection of information about student financial aid on the Web.
- Aid for Military Families
A guide to resources for children of federal employees and members of the military community.
- Scholarship Resources
A guide to resources for scholarships.
Scholarship Information for Nursing Students
- Tax Breaks For Higher Education
The federal government provides a number of tax incentives that can help defray the cost of higher education. This guide to federal tax benefits for higher education gives you an overview of all the options that may be available to you.
- IRS Tax Benefits for Education
Tax benefits can be used to get back some of the money you spend on tuition or loan interest or to maximize your college savings.
Provides tax forms and tax information.
General Information Websites
- Selective Service
Use this website to find out information about the mandatory Selective Service registration and to confirm your registration.
- Veterans Benefits
Veterans Benefits Administration, Education and Training