Do you have a question about Graduation? Contact the WVC Campus Life office at (509) 682-6860 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dont miss the graduation information session June 11 at 1pm in the Van Tassell Student Lounge!
We will be going over ceremony logistics such as where to park, what to expect when you arrive, and answer questions. The information session is typically about 1 hour.
2019 Step-by-step: How to Graduate
- Apply for Graduation at the admission/registration office by May 1, 2019.
- Indicate whether or not you would like to participate in the Graduation Ceremony
- Check your email, mail, and campus postings for information about graduation. You may also inquire with the WVC Admissions/Registration office or WVC Campus Life office.
- Orders for cap and gown are no longer available as of April 24. You may rent from the Campus Life office for a $10 non-refundable fee.
- Order graduation annoucements (optional) at: https://cbgrad.balfour.com
- Distribution Days: June 4, 5, & 6 - pick up your cap and gown between the hours of 9am and 2pm in the Van Tassell Student Lounge.
- Attend the Graduation Info Session: June 11 at 1pm in the Van Tassell Student Lounge
- Participate in Commencement - Arrive at 6pm - Pioneer Middle School Gymnasium with your cap and gown to walk in the graduation ceremony.
Parking at Graduation:
- Parking Options: Wenatchee High School parking lot and street parking is available for graduates and their guests. There will be a shuttle available for transportation to and from the High School parking lot.
- Students (including family/friends) with a physical disability may request a reserved spot at Pioneer Middle School by contacting the WVC Campus Life office (email@example.com) by June 13 at 12pm Otherwise, the parking lot will be open to those with handicap placards on a space available basis.
2019 Commencement Ceremonies
How to Apply for Your Degree or Certificate
You should apply for your degree certificate as soon as you have registered for your final quarter. Deadlines are listed below. The "Application for Degree/Certificate" form is available at the front counter at the admission/registration office in student services or below in PDF format.
Please note that completing the application process is the only way to have your degree or certificate recorded on your transcript at WVC. It does not obligate you to go through the Commencement Ceremony held each June.
Submit the Application for Degree/Certificate to the front counter of the admissions office.
The evaluation process for graduation applications begins after grades have been posted on the students' transcripts. You will be notified whether or not you have met all the requirements for graduation after grades have been posted. Diplomas will be mailed to the student six to eight weeks after grades have been posted. Graduation applications submitted after the quarterly deadline will be held and processed in the following quarter.
Graduation Application Deadlines
To Graduate in Fall Quarter:
The last date to apply for graduation (a degree, certificate or diploma) is Monday, Dec. 3, 2018.
To Graduate in Winter Quarter:
The last date to apply for graduation (a degree, certificate or diploma) is Friday, March 1, 2019.
To Graduate in Spring Quarter:
The last date to apply for graduation (a degree, certificate or diploma) is Wednesday, May 1, 2019.
You can also view graduation deadlines and other important dates on the Academic Calendar page.
Incoming Transfer Credit
Incoming transfer credits from other colleges and universities should be evaluated as soon as you have registered for your first quarter at WVC. If your transfer credit have not been evaluated and you need these credits to graduate, please observe the application deadlines listed above. You must submit a request for evaluation form (Academic Program Evaluation or Vocational Program Evaluation) and have official transcripts from all of the other schools you have attended on file in admissions/registration before your transfer credits can be evaluated. Call 682-6839 or 682-6835 for more information.
Additional or new diplomas can be ordered through the admissions/registration office for $6.00 each. To order an additional diploma, use the Application for Degree/Certificate form. Indicate on this form which degree you have earned and how many additional diplomas you are paying for. Pay the $6.00 fee at the cashier office. Attach the receipt of payment to the Application for Degree/Certificate form and return it to the admissions/registration office. The diploma will arrive in two to three weeks.
The commencement ceremony is held each June for all WVC graduates. Check the Academic Calendar for specific dates. Ceremonies are held on both the Wenatchee and Omak campuses.
The 2019 Commencement Ceremony will be held on June 14th at the Apple Bowl at 7pm for the Wenatchee campus, and June 15th at the Omak Performing Arts Center at 1pm for the Omak campus.