The following links provide some very good information about preventing suicide, warning signs and how to access help. However, the Web and information gathered cannot and should not be used as a substitute for getting help from a mental health professional. This is true whether it is you that is considering suicide or you are concerned about someone else who may be. WVC counselors are available to meet with all students at Wenatchee Valley College to help consider the best ways to assist those who are distressed, given the uniqueness of each person and their circumstances.
The following Web sites are some that we trust will provide accurate information and guidance to those concerned about suicidal feelings and behaviors.
- Suicide Prevention Coalition of NCW - Local suicide prevention/ideation information and prevention resources.
- The Jed Foundation - resources specifically developed for a college population.
- American Association of Suicidology - provides basic information on how to intervene with a suicidal person, and phone numbers for local agencies.
- Suicide.org - provides suicide prevention, awareness and support for college students experiencing signs of suicide.
- Suicide: Read This First - a well-written site that offers alternatives to suicide and tips for increasing effective coping skills.
- Washington Suicide Hotlines - provides a list of contact information, including phone numbers for all cities in the State of Washington.
Who to contact
Wenatchee - Catholic Family Services
Wenatchee Suicide Hotline