Office of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Mission of the Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is to create, expand, and promote opportunities for students, staff and faculty of color. This is done through advocacy, education, and networking to strengthen WVC’s commitment to diversity. The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strives to unite and integrate diversity of thought through events, speakers, and workshops. It also promotes understanding, recognition, and appreciation of cultural differences and similarities through policies and procedures that support inclusion and equity.
The Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion is committed to assisting Wenatchee Valley College to:
- Create an environment that acknowledges, respects, and enhances multiculturalism
- Provide support and advocacy for students of color
- Provide assistance in achieving academic success for students of color
- Increase enrollment and retention of students of color
- Offer opportunities to develop leadership skills for students of color
- Increase diversity and inclusion curriculum offerings
- Promote diversity and equity initiatives
- Increase faculty and staff of color to reflect the student body
- Increase understanding of bias, inequities and racism
- Serve as a liaison between the college and the community
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Center located in Van Tassell Hall is a welcoming
place for all students to gather, study, eat and feel at home. The Center strives
to be a place for diverse clubs to meet and hangout. The Center provides information
on upcoming events, scholarships, diversity conferences and ways to connect with others.
It also has couches, chairs, tables, microwaves, refrigerator and a white board. The
Center has two computers for public use and a printer for free printing. Some speaking
events are held in the Center as well as Diversity Dialogues and other cultural meetings
and events. It can be reserved by the public for events and trainings as well.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Events