NOTE: As of March 2020, the Write Lab has moved online during the campus closure.
Students seeking feedback on writing assignments must self-enroll in the Online Write Lab. Once you’re enrolled, you can submit essays to that class, and the Write Lab tutors will look over your work and give you substantial feedback. Please allow 24-48 hours for the best feedback.
- Enroll at https://wvc.instructure.com/enroll/X8N7NX
- Remote hours: 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday
- Email: email@example.com
The Write Lab is currently online. Information below may not be accurate.
The Write Lab, located in Sexton Hall, room 6004, on the Wenatchee campus, provides help to all students enrolled at WVC and those covered under cooperative agreements who have writing assignments. Your writing will benefit from the one-on-one help of a WriteLab tutor.
By using Write Lab services, you will learn how to polish your work and avoid common errors. The WriteLab tutors are experienced in helping you learn to organize and develop your ideas and put your thoughts into words. The tutors can also help you to understand the rules of grammar and punctuation and how they are applied.
Bring in your spell-checked and printed paper, and be prepared to stay for as long as it takes for the tutor to discuss it with you.
If you would like assistance from a Write Lab tutor regarding your work:
Run the grammar and spell check first
Please be patient and wait your turn
Ask specific questions. For example:
Is this passive voice?
Is this a run-on?
What is a split infinitive?
Is this comma in the right place?
Feel free to ask any questions if you're having trouble with the computers.
Please remember that the tutors are here to help!
|Wenatchee Campus Contacts|
|Write Lab||Amy Shank
The Write Lab on the Omak campus is located in the student services building, room 510.
Hours: Monday through Thursday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Students may sign up or walk in during any of these hours. One-on-one sessions are normally 30 minutes but may extend a bit if no one is signed up for the following session.
Be prepared when you visit! The Omak Write Lab will tutor writing assignments and projects from any discipline. Come with questions.
The Omak WriteLab is not a proofreading service, but they will assist you to become a better proofreader. They can help with:
- Grammar/punctuation/parts of speech
- Sentence structure
- Essay organization (progression of paragraphs, clear transitions, introduction and conclusion)
- Idea and thesis development
- Brainstorming: organizing your thoughts for writing, creating an outline, getting started
- Using a consistent voice and tone
- Improving the overall clarity of your writing
- Proofreading skills
- Writing for public speaking
- Citing sources and using quotations
- Editing: what is essential to your essay and what is not
- Interpreting and writing for literature
- Work-related writing: resumes, medical charting, science lab summaries, etc.
|Omak Campus Contacts|
|Omak Campus English Faculty|